Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I implore you to read this one!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2000
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello there everyone!

    I am the proud owner of a Terratec EWS64Xl sound card and I did the mistake of installing W2K. Although I am very satisfied with its speed and stability, my EWS seems not to be very happy with it.

    There's no problem with the Codec, but Windows will assign IRQ 9 to the synthesizer. And the known problems occur. Anyway I do not really care about the synth right now, I can temporarily use Microsoft's software wavetable synthesis but the problem is I cannot enable MIDI 1!
    Can anyone help!Please!

    Anyway this is what I tried. The BIOS is supposed to be able to assign IRQ 9 to ISA cards. Some time ago I could change that setting but now switching to ISA is only a temporary change. It will automatically switch back to Primary PCI. I tried to force the card to run without an IRQ but a message appears which says something about getpnp something that failed :-(. Another weird thing is that the IRQ config as shown at the system information programs in not reasonable! Look at those huge IRQ numbers!

    System Information report written at: 08/03/2000 09:55:26 ??
    [IRQs]

    IRQ Number Device
    128 Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead - English
    7 EWS64 Codec Driver
    14 Primary IDE Channel
    15 Secondary IDE Channel
    31 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    48 Symbios Logic 896, 22910 PCI SCSI Adapter
    49 Symbios Logic 896, 22910 PCI SCSI Adapter
    1 PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
    4 Communications Port (COM1)
    3 Communications Port (COM2)
    6 Standard floppy disk controller
    8 System CMOS/real time clock
    13 Numeric data processor
    12 Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

    My system config is as follows (note:I'm having an Intel 440GX not BX based board)

    PC Power and Cooling Deluxe Chrome Tower case and 300W ATX Power Supply, Dual Slot1 AMI MegaRUM II motherboard, 128MB of ECC 100 MHz SDRAM, PII 450 MHz, Matrox G400 MAX, Seagate Cheetah 9,1GB @ primary SCSI Ultra2 Wide controller, Hitachi 4x DVD-ROM, Panasonic (Matsushita) LS-120 Drive, Terratec EWS64XL sound card.

    Thank you for your help in advance all!
    George Diamantopoulos

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Easiest solution:

    Change the IRQ for synth. Win2K desn't allow your to change IRQ for display adapter, for some reason it has to be IRQ 9. I had this same problem with me, I changed Synth IRQ to 11 and it helped.

    .KKu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •